Here Is The Recipe For The Creamiest Pasta Dish That You Can Prepare In A Jiffy
Last update: September 20, 2022, 15:59 IST
This photo shows a recipe for Bucatini with Sweet Corn and Scallions. (Photo: AP)
This easy to make super fancy and good looking dish will win your heart for all the right reasons.
Even when they’re delicious, creamy pasta sauces can be unpleasantly heavy. A few bites and you’re done.
Fortunately, a lighter solution occurs during peak season for sweet corn, which has a high starch content that can make a creamy sauce without using cream. Just get out the blender.
We created this vegetarian pasta for our book “COOKish,” limiting the recipe to just six ingredients without sacrificing flavor, including frozen corn for year-round appeal. But with fresh ears it will be even better.
For this recipe, which is based on one of Mark Vetri and David Joachim’s “Mastering Pasta,” cut 3 cups of the beans from the cob (about 3 large or 4 medium ears). Add two cups of chopped scallion whites, a little water, salt and pepper to a blender to make an easy no-cook sauce. Simply heat cooked pasta — we like tubular bucatini — with the mixture, butter, remaining pasta and a little pasta cooking water to help the sauce adhere.
The result is a rich, slightly sweet pasta dish that won’t weigh you down.
Bucatini with sweet corn and scallions
Start to finish: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound corn kernels, cut from the ears or frozen but thawed, drained and patted dry (about 3 cups)
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped, reserved white and green separately
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 pound bucatini pasta or spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, cut into 4 pieces.
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, finely shredded (1 cup)
- 1 or 2 Fresno or jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- In a blender, puree 2 cups corn, white scallions, ½ cup water, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain.
- Melt the butter in a 12-inch skillet.
- Add corn puree and remaining kernels, then cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- Turn off the heat and add the pasta, cheese and peppers, then toss to thin out the cooking water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with scallion greens.
Read all Latest lifestyle news. And Latest news Here